This being the first "normal" day of the New Year. No activities and my husband had a little transit snafu earlier because some, but not all, transit systems are having a holiday today. But, the dog, cat, kid and I are at home, and my husband isn't, for the first time since Dec 23.
I'm still wearing the same pajamas I wore all day yesterday. I haven't gotten dressed yet this year. I did comb and braid my hair today. I intend to shower, but there's an order of priorities to naptime:
- general internet,
- video games,
- housework unlikely to wake a baby,
- blog archives project,
- housework likely to wake a baby,
- take a nap? I don't think we've ever gotten this far...
The thing with the garage door yesterday was my husband. There were leaves blocking the door so it wouldn't stay closed and it took him a half a dozen attempts to determine the source of the problem. I did not kill him, but I did accidentally lock him out of the house for five minutes.
- blog more consistently (whatever that means),
- finish moving my archives from Blogger (I probably need to break this down into manageable chunks),
- walk the dog a lot (obviously needs qualifying), and
- I'm seriously considering taking up bird watching in some vague disorganized manner beyond just expecting my husband to share my excitement when I see a pretty bird. I think my kid and I could really enjoy that. And it would give us a reason to go for different walks/see more things.
It looks like step one on all of these is defining the goals more than vaguely. I'll have to think about that.